brass in pocket

.

The Pretenders are an English rock band formed in 1978. The original band consisted of initiator and main songwriter Chrissie Hynde (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), James Honeyman-Scott (lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboards), Pete Farndon (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Martin Chambers (drums, backing vocals, percussion). The band has experienced drug-related deaths of the members, Pete Farndon was fired 14 June 1982 by Hynde. Two days later, on 16 June 1982, James Honeyman-Scott died of a heroin overdose. Farndon was in the midst of forming a new band with former Clash drummer Topper Headon (who coincidently, was battling heroin addiction and left the band, unable to cope), when he was found dead on 14 April 1983 by his wife. After taking heroin and passing out, he drowned in his bathtub, leaving the Pretenders with two living members.




The Pretenders - brass in pocket (1979)


Hynde became known for her dark fringe, dark eyeliner, and dark jeans. And due to, as the 1983 Rolling Stone Record Guide would say, "her sheer authenticity as a three-dimensional woman whose sexuality is completely in sync with a superb rock sensibility," she was able to escape many of the clichéd roles of women in rock music.

Got brass in pocket
got bottle i'm gonna use it
intention i feel inventive
gonna make you, make you, make you notice

Got motion restrained emotion
been driving detroit leaning
no reason just seems so pleasing
gonna make you, make you, make you notice

Gonna use my arms
gonna use my legs
gonna use my style
gonna use my sidestep
gonna use my fingers
gonna use my, my, my imagination

'Cause i gonna make you see
there's nobody else here
no one like me
i'm special so special
i gotta have some of your attention give it to me




Comentarios

Entradas populares